question

KDBoutelle avatar image
0 Votes"
KDBoutelle asked ·

SCCM Upgrade from 2006 to 2010 stalled

I did the prereq check on the 3rd, everything checked out. Now the upgrade has been stalled since Friday the 5th. Installation status last successful was Extract Update Package. That has a date of 3/3. Check site readiness and Check service window are also complete and done 3/9. Validate Redistributables not done. This is where it's been. Messages in logs: CMUpdate.log - Waiting for changes to the "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Configuration Manager\inboxes\cmupdate.box" directories, updates will be polled in 600 seconds... (this inbox is empty) dmpdownloader.log - HasIntuneSubscription: Site has no Intune subscription. distmgr.log - appears to be functioning normally, this does move and is updating source packages hman.log - running queries will be polled in 600 seconds... (after restarting services, this goes through checks and stops here) Logs are too big to attach, tell me what you need.

mem-cm-general
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

FionaYan-MSFT avatar image
0 Votes"
FionaYan-MSFT answered ·

@KDBoutelle

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Q&A forum.

To narrow down the issue, could you please share the error screenshot on our CM environment?
We could also check the upgrade process on the CM console (by navigating to Monitoring / Updates and Servicing Status, right-click your Update Name and select Show Status) Like the image shown below.
76164-3-10.png

Please refer to this excellent blog for more details:
https://systemcenterdudes.com/step-by-step-sccm-2010-upgrade-guide/
Note: this is non-Microsoft article just for your reference.

Have a good day!


If the response is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.



3-10.png (241.5 KiB)
·
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

KDBoutelle avatar image
0 Votes"
KDBoutelle answered ·

There were no errors, that's just it. Other than what I posted from the logs there was nothing for me to go on. The prerequisite checks all passed so I went ahead with the upgrade.

As of this morning, my primary site and all DP's did upgrade. I am now upgrading the one secondary site I have and I do not expect any issues with that. I have no idea why it took so long to upgrade and that was the issue. It's never just sat for 5 days (with zero activity in the logs) before finishing the upgrade.

So, thank you for responding but things are back on track and working normally by what I can see.

· 2 ·
10 |1000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

@KDBoutelle

Thank you very much for the update and we're glad the problem is solved now. If you have any questions in future, we warmly welcome you to post in this forum again.

Have a good day!

0 Votes 0 ·

@KDBoutelle Secondary site upgrades are straightforward in a normal scenario.

I was a bit confused about the status of secondary site updates when I started with CB upgrades...

But then I started using the following SQL query

select dbo.fnGetSecondarySiteCMUpdateStatus ('HS0')

where HS0 is the site code.

I have shared my experience upgrade experience https://www.anoopcnair.com/sccm-2010-secondary-server-upgrade-guide-configmgr/


0 Votes 0 ·