I am trying to allow my site members to share list items/files externally via the "specific person" setting, but they keep receiving an error saying that my organization's settings do not allow them to do so, regardless of every setting appearing to be set correctly.
I have checked and rechecked every setting I can find to fix this problem. Including, but not limited to:
- organization-wide sharing permissions in the admin center
- site-specific sharing permissions in the admin center
- verifying settings are correct in "change how members can share" settings on site
- verifying that members have edit permissions on site
- tried adding the members group to the "allow only users in specific security groups to share externally" setting, with no success.
- verified that sharing settings are set to "new and existing guests" both site-wide and organization-wide, for both onedrive and SharePoint.
- anything mentioned or described in any forums or troubleshooting pages I could find to read.
I've hit a dead-end, and my company is now at a complete loss on how to fix this. Please help.