When using Remote desktop to access the server, I've got issue below. What can be the reason of this?
An internal error has occurred error for Remote Desktop Connection is a very vague error message.
This could be caused by a weak network connection, an invalid configuration of the remote connection and more.
You may refer to the solutions introduced in this article : Fix: Remote Desktop Connection ‘Internal Error has Occurred’
1) Change Remote Desktop Connection Settings
2) Rejoining Domain
3) Changing Security of RDP in Group Policy Editor
4) Disabling Network Level Authentication
5) Restarting Remote Desktop Service
6) Disable VPN Connection
7) Reconfigure Local Security Policy
8) Allowing Remote Connections
9) Changing the Startup of Service
10) Disabling Static IP on Computer
11) Diagnosing Connection through Command Prompt
12) Turn off UDP on Client
If the Answer is helpful, please click "Accept Answer" and upvote it.
Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.
No VPN. Client PC is Win 10. Server is Win 2016.
BTW, why can't I save any comments to the following thread?
I have the same problem, it started suddenly on my Windows 11 that I just freshly reinstalled a few days ago (due to another problem but that's a different topic). It's a Windows 11 Pro, no domain no nohting. Installed nothing new on it. Yesterday it was working fine, today not so much. It started first throwing errors when closing active RDP windows yesterday and now I have to setup the resolution and everything each time because it cannot save RDP files.
5 people are following this question.