question

MortenBlochLundgreen-0672 avatar image
0 Votes"
MortenBlochLundgreen-0672 asked ajkuma-MSFT commented

Azure web app calling function app only works in test not prod

We have a setup in Azure where we have deployed one web app and one function app. In the test deployment slot everything works and the web app gets correct responses when calling different functions in the function app. This is somehow not working in the production slot. Any hints to solve this are very welcome.

Regards,
MBL

azure-webappsazure-functions
5 |1600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

1 Answer

ajkuma-MSFT avatar image
0 Votes"
ajkuma-MSFT answered ajkuma-MSFT commented

@MortenBlochLundgreen-0672, To assist you better on this, could you please more info about your WebApp and Function App? How exactly are the functions called? Which OS/hosting plan are you leveraging? What exactly happens? Do you receive any error message?

Some configuration settings are slot-specific (is sticky setting - meaning, the setting is targeted to a slot and is not swapped). Kindly see if this is the case-
Slots docs -which settings are swapped | Azure Functions and Azure WebApps

Also, to begin with (if you haven’t done this already so), you may Diagnose and solve problems feature from Azure Portal.
To do this, navigate to your function app/Web App in the Azure portal.
Select Diagnose and solve problems to open Azure Functions diagnostics.

Note: Kindly do not share any PII data on the public forum.


· 4
5 |1600 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 10 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 3.0 MiB each and 30.0 MiB total.

@ajkuma-MSFT: Thank you for commenting this. I have used the Azure Diagnostics and made a tcp trace to see what is going on in the web app and if the calls to the function app is performed. I am using Wireshark. I will post any findings here.

0 Votes 0 ·
ajkuma-MSFT avatar image ajkuma-MSFT MortenBlochLundgreen-0672 ·

MortenBlochLundgreen-0672, Thanks for the follow-up and update. Sure, please let us know how it goes and share some more details on the scenario.

0 Votes 0 ·

@ajkuma-MSFT It was the slot specific settings that needed an extra check. When comparing four different application settings in the prod and test slots - three in the web app and one in the function app - I found some value mistypings. After correcting these four values the problem was solved - e.g. base url in prod was missing a '/'. The slot settings is manually typed and therefore are more likely to have mistypings.
Thanks a lot for your kind guidance.

0 Votes 0 ·
Show more comments