Following a migration of database from MySQL server 5.0.68 to 8.0.26, I tested existing xlsm files.
On old Win10 user stations equipped with Office 2007 or 2010, no problem, the old macros have all run well with the mysql-connector-odbc-8.0.26-win32.msi driver and the new MySQL server 8.
But on the new PC Win10 + Office2016, we have the msgBox: "The method 'Open' of the object '_Connection' has failed", correspondind to the detailed error:
: Description : "automation error specified module could not be found." String: ADOMySQL.OpenConnection
I checked the additional macros and the VBA references used, they are identical on the old and new computers.
The driver is well installed in Win64 and Win32 for security; and checked via odbcad32.
I've tried to repair Office as advised on this forum but no success.
If anyone has an idea, I'm interested because I don't have any more...