Audiences let you segment your user base based on a set of properties and send them targeted notifications.
An example of an audience could be "App Version = 1.0.0" and "Country = Spain".
These properties can be of two types:
- App Version - Country - Mobile Carrier - Language - Device Model - OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer) - API Level - Screen Size
These properties are custom key-value pairs defined by the developer. This will allow you to segment your user based on properties of your app specific. Examples of custom properties are:
You can set these custom properties by using our SDK methods for each platform:
From the audiences tab, select the necessary conditions to create your segment (both custom and device properties), and save your segment. You can later on use this segment when sending a notification. Another way to create an audience, is when selecting the Audience as a target in the send notification flow.
- The maximum number of audiences that can be created per app is 5. If you would like to create more than 5 audiences (up to 200), select the "Advanced" option in your billing plan settings.
- There is a maximum of 60 properties that you can define per app.
- Limit of 1000 devices per audience
- Audiences match only devices that have a valid push registration. Testing audiences on iOS simulator is thus not supported.