With the launch of Visual Studio 2010 last week I thought it would helpful to start a series of blog posts on how you can make the most out of the TFS 2010 process templates.
If you’ve been following any of the beta releases you know that MSF Agile 5.0 is a big release as far as process templates go. I blogged about this late last year after the Beta2 version of the template was released. In short, the template has been completely overhauled to better match the current trends in the Agile software development community. From reports, to work item types, to new dashboards, and even process guidance… MSF Agile 5.0 is brand new!
I’ll update this post regularly with a table of contents tips that you can use to get the most out of your projects using the new template.
- Tip #1 – Epics and Themes
- Tip #2 – Simple User Story Titles
- Tip #3 – Story Point Scales
- Tip #4 – Plan Using Velocity
- Tip #5 – Learn to Love Acceptance Criteria
- Tip #6 – Effective Daily Stand-ups
- Tip #7 – Learning From the Past
If you’ve got questions about the template or would like to suggest a future “tip” I’d love to hear from you.