Extending the team build web-view
<Update: Fixed so that you no longer need to copy the Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Build.Common.dll. Thanks to a Watson bug we got to this >
We had a web-UI for Build Report but we do not have one for Build List. Sometime back we had customer queries on adding/removing columns as well as printing the list, both of which we do not support out of the box.
Team System is very extensible with a lot of functionality exposed through web-methods and client-side object-models. I cooked up a web UI which you can use to see the list of builds, optionally filtered by the Build Type in you favourite borwser. The web-ui consists of an aspx page and an xsl file to format the generated xml. All the data that is available for a build is exposed in the XML generated by the aspx code and you can customize the xsl to show the nodes as you like. .
- Download the zip from here
- Unzip the sources into Team Foundation Server folder as in %Program Files%\Microsoft Team Foundation 2005\Web Services\Build\v1.0.
- Add people whom you want to be able to see the list in the Reader group for the team project.
- To access the list use the URL http://<TFSServer>:<Port>/Build/v1.0/BuildList.aspx?TeamProject=ProjectName. Replace the part marked in red with your TFS and project name
- To see the list of only a particular Build Type use something like http://<TFSServer>:<Port>/Build/v1.0/BuildList.aspx?TeamProject=ProjectName &BuildType=Bt
Build list as seen in IE filtered on the Build Type Bt2
You can further customize the list like adding filters. You can accept some filter as in http://<TFSServer>:<Port>/Build/v1.0/BuildList.aspx?TeamProject=ProjectName&BuildType=Bt &Filter=LastWeek and then inside the foreach (BuildData buildData in listOfBuilds) skip all builds that have FinishTime more than a week older
You can customize the list by changing the xsl file as well.
This should work with both Beta 3 and the latest CTP bits. In case you failed to get this to work, drop me a message either in comments or in the contact page.