Build Tour Sydney Hack – Are you ready?
I’m getting pretty excited about this week’s Build event coming to Sydney and I am particularly looking forward to the Day 2 Hack on Friday 30 June. In order to ensure your time is maximised with hacking and coding, not installing software and tools, please make sure your machine has all the required tools before arriving on Day 2.
Use the Hack Checklist app from the Windows Store to verify everything is installed and configured correctly. Not only does it check you’ve got the bits, it gives you links to install them if you don’t.
The Hack Checklist will check for the following requirements:
- Windows 10 Creators Update (build 15063 or later)
- Visual Studio 2017 Update 2 (Community Edition or higher) with the following workloads
- Universal Windows Platform Development – version 15063
- .NET Desktop Development
- Mobile Development with .NET (including Android emulators)
- Developer mode enabled
- Azure CLI 2.0
- Azure Libraries for .NET
- Docker for Windows
Optionally, we recommend the following tools:
- Unity 5.6 or higher
- Visual Studio 2017 Update 3 Preview
- VS Tools for Azure Functions
Microsoft will be providing access to power and free wired and wifi connectivity for all Hackathon participants
If you have got any questions or get stuck or any of the above, our team will be available on Build Day 1 (29 June) to help sort any issues, so just bring your laptop in and we’ll get your sorted.
If you haven’t signed up for the Build tour in Sydney, there are still a few seats available – register for:
See you there!