Popfly Game Creator! (What I've been doing the last 6 months)
At the end of last year, my team was nice enough to let me start working on a Silverlight-based casual game creator for Popfly, one that makes it easy to create a variety of games with no coding experience required. And here it is! For the past 2-3 months we've had two additional developers, a program manager, and a test developer focused on this, so today is a huge milestone for us. Everyone on the Popfly team has been a huge help making this happen. And since several of us only slept from about 3:30-7:30 last night, I'm not going to write very much right now. :) But here are some notes:
- The whole thing works with Silverlight 1.0, as well as Silverlight 2 (currently in beta).
- You can easily change any game (whether it's a visual thing or a logic thing) by clicking the "tweak" button at the bottom of all games and logging into Popfly.
- We've got the best library of XAML-based artwork I know of (and this will continue to grow, especially as we open it up). Right now the artwork comes from a variety of places, but huge thanks go to Dan at lostgarden.com, the Expression team, and my wife.
- We've got some great sound effects and music. Bonus points to anyone who can figure out where the music (classic songs such as "7 AM Illusion" and "Punkarama") came from.
- I'm sure you'll have a mile-long list of feature requests. So do we! This is step 1... expect us to keep updating this regularly.
Here are two videos I've recorded to explain more: