drupa and XPS
It's drupa time!
For those not familiar with the event, it's a rather large trade show for the printing industry that happens once every four years in Germany. One of my favorite drupa highlights is the drupa song (I think some of the team are still recovering from me playing it rather loudly in the office).
Here are some other drupa highlights:
- EFI showing "The technology EFI has developed in-house to natively process Microsoft XPS, ensuring that Fiery users have the ability to print Microsoft Vista Office documents with improved transparency and color rendering, as well as smaller file sizes that speed processing and minimize network congestion."
- Harlequin Plus Server from Global Graphics: "New features in the Harlequin PLUS Server RIP that will be demonstrated include: native processing of XPS files on Vista™"
- Software Imaging "Visit us at Canon's stand (Hall 8a, Booth B46), where we will demonstrate an implementation of our PrintMagicXPS RIP for CAD and general office printing on Canon large format printers."
- NiXPS: "NiXPS demonstrates full flexibility for digital print workflows at drupa 2008"
- Enfocus & Actino XPS Toolkit: "At drupa, Enfocus introduces a new configurator for Enfocus Switch that can convert XPS into PDF using the Actino Software XPS Toolkit"
- Quality Logic with XPS Examiner and Test Tools