My 6 predictions on microformats
FWIW (inspired by Joshua) here are my six predictions on the topic:
- 2006 will be a hot year for microformats, but 2007 will be even hotter (am pointing to Chris as he was the first one to help me understand the significance - in a bar somewhere in San Francisco last year - thank you Chris).
- Most Microsoftees will not have heard of microformats nor know what they are by the end of 2006. But those Microsoftees that need to know, will.
- The OPML freaks will embrace microformats.
- Those who said structured blogging wouldn't take off will come around as they realize that using microformats in blogs is structured blogging
- Some people will say microformats won't take off, no matter what
- New microformat-based business will blossom over the next two years
Chris drops by and provides a couple of good explanatory links:
"Amen, brother. I got the chance to discuss this issue with Alex, Josh Porter and John Tropea in a recent podcast ."