OPML = Attention Data, Attention Engines and Tailrank - podcast with Kevin Burton
Although we met briefly last week, Kevin Burton and I didn't manage to get enough time to discuss some of the things on our mind at the time, so we got a Skype call together and posted it as a podcast (.mp3, 42mb).
We focused the discussion around what he calls Meme Engines and I call Attention Engines, Tailrank (Kevin's latest project), OPML, RSS and Attention.xml (see notes below).
Notes: Stuff we talked about (here's Kevin's take on the chat):
- Mathew Gertner's post 'Your Attention, Please'
- OPML as Attention.xml, Meme Engines and Attention Engines
- AttentionTrust.org, Attention Recorder, Root.net, and what it means
- Attention data, its ownership and sharing
- 'Perspectives' - a way seeing the world through someone else's Attention data on Tailrank. Here's mine (12 hours, Local, Recommended)
- This diagram I sent Kevin as a point of discussion for the chat:
Download the podcast (.mp3, 42mb).
Update: Robert Scoble is listening in.