New MP: System Center Management Packs for Data Protection Manager 2016 Reporting, Discovery and Monitoring
This download contains the management packs required to monitor and generate reports on Data Protection Manager(DPM) Servers using System Center Operations Manager.
Note: There are multiple files available for this download.Once you click on the "Download" button, you will be prompted to select the files you need.
This download contains the management pack files (*.MP) required to monitor and generate reports on Data Protection Manager (DPM) Servers centrally using System Center Operations Manager (SCOM). The management guide document (*.docx) also provided with this download contains detailed instructions on how to set up, configure, deploy reporting centrally on the Operations Manager server and how to use the new enhanced extensible DPM Reporting Framework to generate custom agreeable reports. SC OpsMgr 2016 is required to be installed and running.
Supported Operating System
Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2016
- System Center Operations Manager (SCOM) 2016
- Recommended: Minimum 8 GB RAM on the SCOM server. See
- System Center 2016 Hardware Requirements
Data Protection Manager (DPM) 2016
- System Center 2016 hardware requirements
Please download the Management Pack Guide (MP Guide_DPM2016Reporting.docx) available with this download and go through it carefully for detailed instructions and guidance.
Also, select and download only the msi file with the name ending with your language-locale settings. For example, you will need to download SC Management Pack for DPM 2016 (ENG).msi if your language-locale setting is English (United States).
Extract the msi file.
- You will find three (3) .MP files after extracting the msi. These MP files (Management Packs) need to be imported to your SCOM server carefully following the instructions given in the Management Pack Guide
- More from the Guide:
This set of management packs requires System Center Operations Manager 2016.
The following table details the supported configurations for the Management Packs for Data Protection Manager 2016:
DPM Reporting Management Pack
DPM Discovery and Monitoring Management Pack
DPM Library Management Pack
The following requirements must be met to run the discovery, library and reporting management packs:
· SC Data Protection Manager 2016 must be installed, up and running on all the DPM servers.
· If you want SLA data in DPM reports, Set SLA Requirements on the DPM Server using the PowerShell command-let :
If SLAs are not set on the DPM Servers, you will not get SLA Trends in the Reports.
· SCOM 2016 must be up and running.
SCOM’s Data Warehouse should be up and running. To verify that, ensure that all the SQL Server services with the service name containing the SCOM DB Instance name are up and running. The screenshot depicting the list of running services below captures this scenario and your deployment environment must show a similar state before you proceed to install this MP.