Wir fahr'n fahr'n fahr'n auf der Autobahn
James and I are on our way to TechEd Berlin, but we’re driving because we’re both a little bit eccentric. Not only that we have a bit of stuff to take..
four laptops, a shuttle, a hub assorted drives, cables so that we can demo a bunch of interesting stuff in our session.
We’ll be showing as many of the following as we can cram in 75 minutes:
- Our SQL Server on Server Core (but not supported) cookbook
- Using the advanced installation options in SQL Server 2008 R2 to prepare a virtual machine which can be quickly bought on line
- Live Migration in Hyper-V2 to move a SQL Server virtual machine from Wallace-R2 to Grommit-R2, the 2 laptops in the picture above.
- Managing these virtual machines in the latest version of System Center Virtual Machine Manager (SCVMM).
- Using the enterprise policy management framework from codeplex to ensure all the SQL Servers above are configured the way we want them.
All of this will be done from the command line / powershell, and the only thing we can’t share with you is our internal iSCSI target software which so you’ll need something like StarWind or iSCSI Cake.
If you’re going to be there then the session is DAT01-IS on Monday afternoon, but if not then James and I will be making a series of 5-10 minute videos from each demo, when we get back as IS sessions aren’t recorded.