DEP-Windows Automated Installation Kit (AIK)
The Windows Automated Installation Kit (Windows AIK) helps you to install, customize, and deploy the Microsoft Windows Vista™ family of operating systems.
Scoping the Issue
Use the following questions to narrow down where the issue is occurring
· What version of the Windows AIK are you are using?
o Windows AIK 1.0: This is the Windows Vista RTM version
o Windows AIK 1.1: This is the Windows Vista SP1/Windows Server 2008 version
· Are you running the X86 or X64 version of the AIK?
· What tool included with the AIK are you having an issue with?
· How are you initiating setup? Booting from DVD or some other method?
· At what point does the setup fail?
· If the issue is with WINPE how are you booting WINPE? DVD, Flash Drive, PXE?
· How much RAM does the machine have?
Gather the following information to diagnose problems with The AIK
· Unattend.xml or autounattend.xml you are using
· WindowsPanther folder and all contents
· WindowsSystem32syspreppanther folder and all contents
· Exact error you are receiving