Link to more information about support for XNA Game Studio 4.0 in the Xbox LIVE Indie Games publishing pipeline
There was an item posted on the XNA Game Studio team blog today that I wanted to link to in order to raise visibility because it helps answer some questions that have been asked frequently since XNA Game Studio 4.0 shipped last month. The post is located at http://blogs.msdn.com/b/xna/archive/2010/10/12/xna-game-studio-4-0-submissions-for-xbox-live-indie-games.aspx, and it provides more detail about the timeframe when the Xbox LIVE Indie Games submission pipeline will start accepting games created with XNA Game Studio 4.0 and when it will stop accepting games created with XNA Game Studio 3.1.
Here is a summary of the information in that post:
- Today, the Xbox LIVE Indie Games pipeline only accepts XNA Game Studio 3.1 games for play-testing, peer review and publishing.
- The final version of XNA Game Studio Connect for XNA Game Studio 4.0 will be released later this year.
- When it is released, the Xbox LIVE Indie Games pipeline will start accepting XNA Game Studio 4.0 games.
- There will be a 90 day window where the Xbox LIVE Indie Games pipeline will accept both XNA Game Studio 3.1 and 4.0 games.
- After the 90 days are up, the Xbox LIVE Indie Games pipeline will only accept XNA Game Studio 4.0 games.
If you are just getting started with an Xbox 360 game using XNA Game Studio or have a game in progress that you do not plan to be ready to publish on Xbox LIVE Indie Games by the end of this year, then we recommend starting with XNA Game Studio 4.0 or porting your game to XNA Game Studio 4.0 to prepare for the above changes to the Xbox LIVE Indie Game pipeline.
As always, stay tuned to the XNA Game Studio team blog and the App Hub site for future announcements about the final release date for XNA Game Studio Connect for XNA Game Studio 4.0 and the opening of the Xbox LIVE Indie Games pipeline for XNA Game Studio 4.0 games.