Link to online Japanese documentation for XNA Game Studio 2.0
A little while ago, I posted an item about the XNA Game Studio 2.0 Japanese documentation package that was released by the XNA community gaming platform team. This package allows you to install a local collection of Japanese help topics for the XNA Game Studio 2.0 product. This documentation is stored on the local file system and can be accessed in the Visual Studio help viewer even if the computer does not have an active Internet connection.
Recently, the XNA Game Studio 2.0 Japanese help documentation was also published to the online MSDN library at http://msdn.microsoft.com/ja-jp/library/bb200104.aspx. This enables users to search online for Japanese help topics for XNA Game Studio 2.0. In addition, you can configure Visual Studio 2005 and Visual C# 2005 Express Edition to automatically load the online Japanese help documentation first if it is able to access the Internet. To change the Visual Studio online help language preferences, you can do the following:
- Open Visual Studio 2005 or Visual C# 2005 Express Edition, click on the Tools menu and choose Options...
- If you are running Visual C# 2005 Express Edition, click the check box in the bottom left corner of the Options dialog to show all settings
- Under the Environment item, click on the Help item
- Change the Online topic language to Japanese if it is not already set that way
- Click on the Online item
- In the radio button group labeled When loading Help content, choose one of the options that will allow Visual Studio to attempt to load online content
These steps will allow you to view Japanese help documentation for XNA Game Studio 2.0 even if you do not download and install the Japanese documentation package, but it does require your computer to have Internet access at the time you try to view help topics. You can also click the check box on the Help item in the Visual Studio options page to cause it to display the English versions of the help topics as well if you choose to.