New hotfixes available for Update Rollup 2 for Media Center 2005 - April 2006 rollup and DRM hotfix
Today is the monthly release of new hotfix packages and updates to Windows Update, and there are a couple of Media Center hotfixes that have been released today that I want to draw your attention to:
I previously posted an item about the release of a hotfix to address protected content playback issues in Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005. This package was previously released for direct download on the Microsoft Download Center, but starting today it will be offered as a critical update on Windows Update. Update Rollup 2 is a prerequisite for this package.
The Microsoft DRM and Media Center teams are very interested in hearing about your experiences with this DRM hotfix package. Please post comments on this blog post or use my blog contact form and let us know what issue(s) you have been seeing and whether or not the hotfix installs successfully and solves the issue(s).
This package includes all previous hotfixes issued for Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 and also addresses some other bugs that have not been fixed by previous hotfixes.
This package will be offered as a recommended update if you visit Windows Update, and you can also download it directly from this location.
This package includes the following fixes in addition to all previously released fixes. There is more detail about each of these fixes in the knowledge base article for this hotfix:
- Incorrect guide data for ATSC minor channels that you have manually added
- ATSC channels move into a five-digit channel range
- Delay when you change DVB-T channels
- Teletext bar remains on the screen after you use transport controls
- Teletext blinks frequently
- Closed captions do not display correctly
- Media Center computer is not suspended after you use the TV tuner
- DVB-T scanning does not work correctly in the Czech edition of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
- You receive a "Unsupported File Type" error message when you burn a DVD video
- Tuning information is missing for the 1 MUX on 186 megahertz (MHz) setting in the Italian version of Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005