Microsoft Downloads: Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit 8.0 Now Available
The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit (MAP) is an agentless, automated, multi-product planning and assessment tool for quicker and easier desktop, server and cloud migrations. MAP provides detailed readiness assessment reports and executive proposals with extensive hardware and software information, and actionable recommendations to help organizations accelerate their IT infrastructure planning process, and gather more detail on assets that reside within their current environment. MAP also provides server utilization data for Hyper-V server virtualization planning; identifying server placements, and performing virtualization candidate assessments, including ROI analysis for server consolidation with Hyper-V.
The latest version of the MAP Toolkit adds new scenarios to help you plan your IT future while supporting your current business needs. Included scenarios help you to:
- Plan your deployment of Windows 8 and Windows Server 2012 with hardware and infrastructure readiness assessments
- Assess your environment for Office 2013
- Plan your migration to Windows Azure Virtual Machines
- Track Lync Enterprise/Plus usage
- Size your desktop virtualization needs for both Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) and session-based virtualization using Remote Desktop Services
- Ready your information platform for the cloud with SQL Server 2012
- Virtualize your existing Linux servers onto Hyper-V
- Identify opportunities to lower your virtualization costs with Hyper-V using the VMware migration assessment
MAP is just one of the tools provided by the Microsoft Solution Accelerators team. The Microsoft Assessment and Planning Toolkit, Microsoft Deployment Toolkit, and Security Compliance Manager provide tested guidance and automated tools to help organizations plan, securely deploy, and manage new Microsoft technologies—easier, faster, and at less cost. All are freely available, and fully-supported by Microsoft. Learn more.
The MAP Toolkit includes the following components:
- Microsoft_Assessment_and_Planning_Toolkit_Setup.exe. Installation package containing the tool, release notes, Getting Started Guide and toolkit help (chm file).
- readme_en.htm. Available as a separate download. Provides information to read before installing the MAP Toolkit, including installation prerequisites and known issues.
- Getting_Started_Guide.en.doc. Provides information about toolkit installation, environment preparation, and assessment scenarios supported by toolkit wizards and the UI.
- MAP_Sample_Documents.zip. Available as a separate download. Contains sample reports and proposals.