How can I map my existing Azure ARM resources visually?
This is a common question I get asked. The good news is there is a new feature with ARM resources where you can export a template of a Resource Group and then import this into the ARM visualizer tool. I will show the steps below how to do this:
1) In the new Azure portal, Click Resource Groups
2) Click the resource group name you want to export, e.g. ‘Linuxtest1’ resource group
3) Click Export template – this is a new feature
You should see a JSON template from the Resource Group
4) Click Save to file call it e.g. filename.JSON
5) Visit the Azure ARM visualizer http://armviz.io/ and import the JSON template to visualize it: