Troubleshooting PHPMyAdmin Site Extension
If you recently started having trouble (HTTP 500) with PHPMyAdmin (PMA) SiteExtension, it may be a problem with sessions.
The errors look like this:
Screenshot of Error
|Chrome||The page cannot be displayed because an internal server error has occurred.|
|Internet Explorer||The website cannot display the pageThis error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.For more information about HTTP errors, see Help.|
We can force PMA to use files as session handler. To do this, follow these steps:
1. Launch Kudu Console (<site>.scm.azurewebsites.net)
2. Under Debug Console, select CMD, then click SiteExtensions
3. Click phpmyadmin
4. Click libraries
5. Once here, expand the list area by clicking the down arrow
6. Scroll down and find session.inc.php, open it by clicking the pencil icon
7. Search (ctrl-f) for save_handler
8. From the beginning of the line, remove the // characters
So this should now read:
Notice the // characters have been removed.
9. Click save
10. Now startup PMA !