Database Tool Released
We are pleased to announce the public availability of Database Admin Tool. This tool allows administrators to host Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 database on a computer on which Microsoft Office 2007 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007 are not installed. Once installed on a server, this tool will allow user to:
- Create and backup Business Contact Manager 2007 databases. To create a database, user must be the local administrator.
- Restore databases from Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007, Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 and Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2003 (Update).
- Share Business Contact Manager databases to other users on a local network.
It will ensure that necessary firewall ports are opened, that users are granted permission to the database, and that the SQL instance is configured to allow external connections. These operations will require the user be a local administrator.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1
- Windows Small Business Server 2003
- Windows Vista
- Windows XP Service Pack 2
- Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0
- Microsoft SQL Express 2005 SP2 (32-bit only) or Microsoft SQL Server 2005 SP2 (32-bit only)
- This tool does not support SQL instances with case sensitive collation.
- This tool cannot open the required ports for more than two SQL Server instances.
- It is compatible with only English version of Business Contact Manager for Outlook 2007.
We hope that your find this tool useful.