Windows Phone 7 - Developer Roadmap and a Belgian Contest
Today the Windows Phone 7 Developer team blogged about the roadmap for the RTM version of the tools. Interesting to note that August marks six month anniversary of the public unveiling of the new Windows Phone platform at Mobile World Congress in Barcelona. In that meantime a lot has happened: the developer and designer tooling was announced and made available at MIX10, a tools beta update for developers made available in June, launch Xbox Live game titles were announced...
Full details on the roadmap can be found in the team’s blog post: “A Developer’s Roadmap to Windows Phone 7 Launch Timing”.
Important to note is the developer tools RTM version will be made available on September 16th, and the marketplace submission for Windows Phone 7 apps will open early October. So the message for today is: make sure you register for the Marketplace today and finish off your application with the beta tools.
5K Challenge Belgium – win up to a €5000 cash prize
If you’re living in Belgium you can even win some cash when developing your Windows Phone 7 application. We are looking for the best application that makes full use of the Windows Phone 7 platform, the more creative you are, the better your chances.
How can you participate?
- Register to participate before September 30, 2010.
- Publish your application to the Marketplace by Nov 30, 2010.
- Read the full contest terms and conditions here.
Share your experiences on Twitter using #5Kwp7be, or blog about it and keep us posted!
Getting started with Windows Phone 7 design and development
You won’t believe the amount of information that’s already out there concerning developing and designing applications for WP7. I’ve selected a few of the most important resources to start with.
Training and resources
- On-demand training from the recordings of the Windows Phone 7 Jumpstart training. You’ll find 12 complete recorded sessions with labs and student files.
- Windows Phone 7 Training Kit with tutorials on Channel9
- msdev: Windows Phone 7 in 7 Minutes! series
- Creating High Performance Silverlight Applications for Windows Phone: a must-read to optimize your application running on the phone
- Review the posts on the Windows Phone Developer Blog
Windows Phone 7 Design Guidelines
- Read the UI Design and Interaction Guide for Windows Phone 7 v2.0
- Download the Design Templates for Windows Phone 7
Join the conversation on Windows Phone 7: