Management Tip: The Upwardly Global MBA
I ran across a good article in strategy+business called The Upwardly Global MBA. While the article mostly focuses on how business schools need to change to prepare MBA students for today’s business world, I got some good tips on leadership from the article:
- Be a thoughtful, aware, sensitive, flexible, and adaptive manager.
- Think, decide, and act efficiently and innovatively.
- Good communications skills are always useful.
- Understand the global nature of your business.
- Contribute to multifunctional teams and work on projects that draw on a range of disciplines.
- And their chart of Global Business Capabilities listing 39 capabilities for leaders in the global marketplace is well worth checking out.