DevRadio Episode: #beatthegu at TechEd
Andrew, Peter, and myself in the latest DevRadio show!
In today’s episode Developer Evangelists Andrew Duthie, Brian Hitney and Peter Laudati recap the “Rock, Paper, Azure” – (#BeatTheGu) challenge from this year’s TechEd as well as how they built a Windows 8 App for the competition. Tune in for this lessons learned session on what considerations and features Andrew took into the design of the app.
Step #1 – Download Windows 8 Release Preview and Windows 8 SDK
Step #2 – Start building your own Metro Style Apps for Windows 8
Step #3 – Contact a Developer Evangelist in your area and get your Windows 8 App published!
If you're interested in learning more about the products or solutions discussed in this episode, click on any of the below links for free, in-depth information:
- Getting started with Metro Style Apps
- How to Sell Your Apps and Make Money in the Windows Store
- Attend a Windows 8 Developer Camp and Hackathon in your area!
- Build your bot for the next “Rock Paper Azure” challenge
Blogs & Articles:
- Andrew Duthie’s blog
- Brian Hitney’s blog
- Peter Laudati’s blog
- Windows 8: What I’ve Learned – Timers Using setTimeout in a Windows 8 app
- Microsoft DevRadio: Building and Publishing Great Apps in Windows 8
- "The Windows 8 Platform Overview for Metro Style Apps" with Jerry Nixon
- “Windows Store and Building Metro Style Apps” with Michael Johnson, Jeremy Foster & Alice Pang
- “Metro Design & UI” with Jeremy Foster and Matt Harrington
- MP3 (Audio only)
- MP4 (iPod, Zune HD)
- Mid Quality WMV (Lo-band, Mobile)
- High Quality MP4 (iPad, PC)
- Mid Quality MP4 (WP7, HTML5)
- High Quality WMV (PC, Xbox, MCE)