Case of the missing database name in Activity Monitor
I was going through my backlog of Connect posts today and noticed a submission of a bug report indicating that the database name was blank. It turns out that with the SQL Server 2008 cumulative update #2, we fixed the problem. The database name was showing up blank for SPIDs that showed to be inactive for the Task State. Well, the query we used when we put together the first version only showed active tasks, so this wasn’t a problem. When we added inactive tasks – all of the sudden – we were missing the column. Its fixed now – just ask for KB 958941.