Incubation Week - Boston
We’re still taking nominations for startups to participate in our BizSpark Incubation week in Boston in October. If you have a startup that can make it to Boston for this event, it’s a great opportunity to get help building out Windows 7 specific features for their products.
Here’s the information:
With several successful Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Weeks (Win7 Reston, CRM Reston, CRM Boston, Win 7 Irvine, Mobility Mountain View) behind us, we are pleased to announce Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Week for Windows 7 in Boston, MA, the week of October 5th, 2009.
The current economic downturn is putting many entrepreneurs under increasing pressure, making it critical to find new resources and ways to reduce costs and inefficiencies. Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Week for Windows 7 is designed to offer following assistance to entrepreneurs.
- Learning and building next generation application utilizing new and unique Windows 7 capabilities with help of on-site advisors and off-shore development team
- Getting entrepreneurs coaching from guest speakers and a panel of industry experts
- Generating marketing buzz for your brand
- Creating opportunity to be highlighted at upcoming Windows 7 launch
We are inviting nominations from BizSpark Startups interested in developing Windows 7 applications that target one or more of the following scenarios:
- Windows Touch, ink, gesture support, plus handwriting recognition enabling new input capabilities
- Rich Animation Framework
- Sensor and Location Framework (GPS, light, motion)
- New taskbar, destinations, and shell integration enhancing discoverability and usability
- New extensible Ribbon adding Office 2007-style controls, menus, and galleries to your application
The Microsoft BizSpark Incubation Week for Windows 7 will be held at Microsoft Technology Center, Waltham, MA from Monday, 10/05/2009 to Friday, 10/09/2009. This event consists of ½ day of training, 3 ½ days of active prototype/development time, and a final day for packaging/finishing and reporting out to a panel of judges for various prizes.
This is a no-fee event (plan your own travel expenses) and each team can bring 3 participants (1 business and 1-2 technical).
To nominate a team, please drop a note to Sanjay Jain (email@example.com). Nominations will be judged according to the strength of the founding team, originality and creativity of the idea, and ability to leverage new and unique Windows 7 features.