Team Foundation Server 2013 Power Tools
It seems just yesterday that I mentioned the Power Tools for TFS 2012 and the benefits that it provides. Fast forward to today and the Power Tools for TFS 2013 are now available and have all been updated to work with VS 2013 and TFS 2013. As is the norm, these tools are a set of enhancements, tools, and command-line utilities that increase productivity of Team Foundation Server scenarios, including among others:
- Best Practices Analyzer - A diagnostic tool to perform the following actions:
- Verify that the deployment for Team Foundation Server is configured according to recommended best practices.
- Identify the source of problems in an unhealthy deployment.
- Take a snapshot of the configuration of a deployment.
- Obtain usage data about the volume of data stored or accessed in the past 14 days. Includes specific information about database tables that have a tendency to grow and that may need to be reduced in size.
- Check-in Policies
- A Visual Studio add-in that includes the extra useful check-in policies.
- Process Template Editor
- A Visual Studio add-in providing a GUI for customizing work items (field, workflow and the form) and process templates.
- Storyboard Shapes
- Enables the creation of shapes for the PowerPoint storyboarding add-in with custom resize logic.
- Team Foundation Power Tool Command Line (tfpt.exe)
- A companion tool to “tf.exe” that offers additional version control commands, work item tracking, and team project manipulation.
- Windows PowerShell Cmdlets
- Support for basic version control commands and a pipeline and glue to enable scripting.
- Windows Shell Extensions
- Provides integration with Windows Explorer and the common file dialogs to perform many source control operations without having to run Visual Studio or a Team Foundation command-line tool.
And in case you're looking for the 2013 build extensions or the MSSCCI providers, here are the links: