A Quick Start for Data Science
I’ve covered the Data Science Body of Knowledge here on this blog, and there’s quite a bit there to get started with. But if you’d like a “quicker” introduction to Data Science, I have you covered. You might want to see if you’re really interested, explain to your boss what Data Science is, or maybe you’re just curious.
You can check out this excellent series of videos for a quick introduction:
- Video 1: The 5 questions data science answers
- Video 2: Is your data ready for data science?
- Video 3: Ask a question you can answer with data
- Video 4: Predict an answer with a simple model
- Video 5: Copy other people’s work to do data science
To get started quickly, R is a good thing to learn. There’s a reference for an R “Quick Start” here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/machine-learning/machine-learning-r-quickstart