Fix crashed Zune xbox app when using XBOX Companion on Windows Phone
I was playing with my Windows Phone 7.5 and Xbox Companion when suddenly ,after clicking several times on a video on the phone, I was prompted to install zune everytime. The crazy thing was when I went to the XBOX interface and I saw that Zune Video and Zune music was not working when selecting any video on the main menu and I was prompted to install Zune all the time :(.
So I decided to fix it. :)
- I went to Console settings -> System Settings
- Then Storage -> Local Hard Drive
- I clicked on Games and Apps and looked for Zune (even I click on it and checked that there were some entries corrupted and some old Zune releases)
- I clicked on Y button and selected Delete
- I went to any video in the main hub, selected it and I was prompted to install Zune.
Eventually, after those steps the Zune app started to work perfectly.
Thanks. I hope this will help you.
Now, enjoy with Xbox Companion that is an outstanding app for Windows Phone :)
Héctor Calvarro Martín. SharePoint Dev. Microsoft Support Engineer for DEV EMEA
PS:Even I had the same issue with Telefónica Imagenio app when clicking on the TV channels tiles. I followed the same steps but I looked for Imagenio.