Get Hands-On With Microsoft Virtualization & Help Your Local User Group
As our team looks to provide valuable content to you to help you grow in your career and acquire new skills, I am often asked if we can put on more hands-on events where you get a chance to play with the technology. At TechDays 2011 this year we offered hands-on labs for the very first time and had a phenomenal response. However, TechDays did not go to all cities across the country and we want to be able to offer more hands-on style activities to you in the places where you are. I’m happy to report that we are starting this month with the first couple IT Virtualization Boot Camps, which we are looking to take across the country.
IT Virtualization Boot Camps are brought to you by your local user group and Microsoft TechDays Canada. The first two IT Virtualization Boot Camps will take place at the Microsoft Mississauga offices on January 21, 2012 and January 23, 2012. The IT Virtualization Boot Camp provides a fun and collaborative environment where you will get hands-on experience to:
- Prepare your Windows Server-based computer for virtualization
- Configure an iSCSI storage server
- Create a Windows Failover Cluster
- Make Hyper-V virtual machines highly available and using Live Migration to move running workloads between hosts with no loss in client connectivity
- Integrate non-Microsoft-based virtual machines into your cluster
- See how Windows Failover Clustering can help to make dealing with hardware failure easier
The cost to attend an IT Virtualization Boot Camp is $25 with proceeds going to your local user group. This means that not only are you getting 6 hours of hands-on experience with Hyper-V, iSCSI, Windows Failover Clustering, and more – you’re also helping your user group to support you and your peers with ongoing activities.
If you are interested in having an IT Virtualization Boot Camp take place in your area, contact your local user group, leave a comment on the blog, or send me and email using the link above.