[Podcast] Microsoft Designer: Jeffrey Dunn
There are about 500 designers working at Microsoft. People in the UX community are often very surprised to hear about it. I think part of it is we haven't given our designers enough opportunities to talk about what they do and what's it like to work as designers at Microsoft. Therefore, I used my spared time during my visit to Redmond last time to chat with Jeffrey Dunn, who is a UX Designer at Office Design Team. Jeff mainly works on SharePoint UI.
In the 11 minutes interview below, I asked Jeff about:
- How does his team working together to create the UX vision?
- What is it like to work as a UX Designer at Microsoft?
- Office applications are so established, does it limited Office designers' creativity since they can't build something from scratch?
- What are Jeff's daily activities?
- What are some necessary skills to be a good UX Designer?