Windows 7 is Here!
Today is the day! As I’m waking up on the west cost this morning, the celebration of the worldwide availability of Windows 7 has long started from Tokyo, Munich, London, Beijing, Paris, Dubai, New York, and our own Toronto office. I thought to gather some Windows 7 launch related facts and resources below for you on this post.
- In celebration of Windows 7, more than 800,000 people will join in the celebration by gathering at house parties to share their enthusiasm for Windows 7 with family and friends.
- Starting today, Windows 7 and Windows 7 PCs are available in more than 45,000 retail stores around the globe, including our first-ever Microsoft-branded retail store in Scottsdale, Arizona. This Microsoft Store and the corresponding online store at http://microsoftstore.com will offer PCs, accessories, and third-party software directly to consumers
- Windows 7 breaks Amazon UK pre-order volume record, ousts Harry Potter
- You can follow the Canadian Windows 7 conversation on twitter by searching for hashtag #cdnwin7.
- Today, the Channel 9 Team launched a new Online Windows 7 learning course.
- If you are developing for Windows 7, you may want to check out the Windows 7 Training Kit for Developers. It includes 14 different modules, with a total of 32 different labs.
- Don’t forget that the official Windows UX Interaction Guidelines is your friend of building high quality and consist user experience for Windows-based applications.
Go Windows 7!