What’s New in Geneva Beta 2
As announced at TechEd, Geneva has just released its Beta 2 bits! These are now available for download from here.
There is a lot that is new and updated in Beta 2! Here is a list of some of the things that you will be able to try out and give us feedback on. For additional details on each of these and more, see the release notes included with the Beta 2 package.
· New rules engine for authoring claims transformation policies
· Ability to read attributes from AD, AD LDS, and SQL out of the box, plus pluggable provider model to enable access to other attributes stores
· Group policy-based Information Card provisioning for CardSpace “Geneva” clients
· Support for SAML 2.0 SP-Lite
· Proxy to enable authentication for users on the Internet when Geneva Server is on the intranet
· Scale out via farm and load balancer topology
· Powershell commandlets
· Support for AD RMS
· Utility for federating with the Microsoft Federation Gateway
“Geneva” Framework – IDFX
· Enhanced FedUtil Tool with local STS for easy offline development
· New Visual Studio templates for building claims-aware web applications, web services, and security token services
· Support for SharePoint 2007
· Revised token handlers
· Revised federation authentication module
· New Claims Authorization Manager API
· Updated config support
· Support for Group Policy-based Information Card provisioning.
· Updated management UI
· Updated card tile
· Group Policy-based way for administrator to make card selection decisions for specific sites
- Improved provisioning of X509-backed cards
- Compatible with most existing managed cards
We are very excited to be able to deliver these bits to you, and to hear your feedback. Please send any technical questions about Geneva to the product team via our forum or support email address. We will continue to announce updates to Geneva on our website and here on our team blog.