ASP.NET Web Platform Firestarter Series
A new set of free Firestarter events covering the ASP.NET Web Platform will be running from late September to December along the east coast. (Part of the series of Firestarters mentioned in an earlier post.)
Firestarter events focus on a particular topic area and progress from introductory through intermediate topics, helping you to quickly ramp up in that area, in this case the Microsoft Web Platform. You’ll get up to speed on the latest in web development, from ASP.NET Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC, to WebMatrix, and tools and techniques for creating effective web applications with CSS, jQuery, and AJAX.
Registration is now open, so reserve your seat today:
|New York, NY||10/26||Registration|
|Chevy Chase, MD||11/9||Registration|
- 8:30 – Registration
- 9:00 – To the Web with ASP.NET 4 Web Forms
- The tried-and-true approach for creating effective and robust websites, ASP.NET 4 Web Forms offers powerful abstractions and rapid application development features. Add in recent advances in ASP.NET 4 and Visual Studio 2010 and you’ll be crafting amazing sites in no time.
- 10:30 – Looking at ASP.NET MVC
- ASP.NET MVC (Model View Controller) is a relatively new option, offering a variety of potential benefits such as separation of concerns, flexibility, control, and testability. In this session, you’ll learn the essentials, along with the latest advances, so you can get started right away.
- 12:00 – The Web Platform Smorgasbord
- Grab a bite to eat and join us for this relaxed but rapid-fire lunchtime look at a variety of web topics, including tools and tech that you’ll surely find appetizing.
- 12:45 – Introducing WebMatrix
- WebMatrix is a new option that provides a simple but powerful way to create web applications. You can create sites based on existing open-source applications, or dive right in and create from scratch. From code and testing to data and deployment, we’ll introduce WebMatrix and show you how it can make your life easier.
- 1:40 – Evaluating Your Web Options
- You’re up to speed with the latest in ASP.NET MVC, Web Forms, and WebMatrix, but you may be wondering how and when to choose between them. The great news is you don’t always have to choose just one. In this session we’ll talk about factors to consider, options for adoption/migration, and ways to combine ASP.NET Web Forms and MVC in the same web application.
- 2:40 – Creating Effective Websites with ASP.NET
- Knowing how to create websites with ASP.NET is important, but making them effective is the key. This final session dives into additional options and techniques that apply to both Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC applications. From scripting with jQuery and AJAX, design with CSS, markup and validation techniques, and tools for testing, you’ll learn how to set your sites (and skills) apart from the rest.