Learn Windows Phone 7 with the “Jump Start” Course
(Well, it's two English guys surrounded by tech gear and a psychedelic background. The interior of the TARDIS came to mind.)
The Windows Phone 7 Jump Start is the first of a number of free online courses on WP7 programming led by Microsoft MVPs, and you can jump in right now! Presented by Andy Wigley and Rob Miles , the Jump Start is made up of 12 50-minute videos for a total of ten hours’ worth of training, covering development of both Silverlight- and XNA-based apps as well as advanced topics such as the WP7 application lifecycle, launchers, choosers, isolated storage, taking advantage of the dialer, camera and contacts, and networking. There’s even a section on bringing your app over to the Marketplace. It’s all online, free and ready for you to dive in!
The videos in the course are:
- Building a Silverlight Application, Part 1
- Building a Silverlight Application, Part 2
- Building Games for the Windows Phone 7 Platform
- Building XNA Games for the Windows Phone 7 Platform, Part 1
- Building XNA Games for the Windows Phone 7 Platform, Part 2
- Advanced Application Development, Part 1
- Advanced Application Development, Part 2
- Advanced Application Development, Part 3
- Marketing Your Windows Phone 7 Application
- Working with Media
- Final Silverlight Topics and Wrap-Up
You can watch the videos on their pages (Silverlight required) or download them in WMA, WMV and MP4 formats for offline viewing.