Windows Phone Welcomes AlignIT
The AlignIT experience as you know it today consists of the AlignIT portal, the Canadian IT Manager Connection, the alignitca Twitter handle, and Facebook page. It also has a discussion group on LinkedIn where some of you are already networking and sharing your thoughts (if you’re not a member of the group yet, you’re invited! Join us.) and a monthly show, AlignIT Manager Tech Talk (available as video as well as audio podcast), with news, feature presentations, and live guests.
You can now enhance that experience by taking AlignIT on the go with you with the brand new Windows Phone app released into the Windows Phone Marketplace yesterday.
These screenshots will give you a teaser of the app:
In this first version, you can:
- Get the latest news from our news feed
- Read posts on the Canadian IT Manager Connection online or offline
- Download and watch episodes of AlignIT Manager Tech Talk while on the go
- Share or email post and videos links to your friends
- Get to know us, the team behind AlignIT by checking out our bios, social networks, recent posts, tweets, etc. You can even pin one (or more of us) to your Start Menu for quick access to us!
Go ahead, get the app and get tuned in. Then, share your feedback and ideas for new features it the AlignIT LinkedIn group. Also, don’t forget to share the news with your colleagues and friends on Twitter and Facebook!
Special thanks to the man that made the app possible, Sébastien Lachance!
Sébastien Lachance is a developer with 12 years of experience and 18 months of Windows Phone programming. For less than a month, Sébastien is working at the new Montreal office of Mirego, a company innovating in mobile development, looking to bring his Microsoft development expertise to the company. Sébastien is passionate about Microsoft technologies especially about Windows Phone/Windows 8 and the new Metro design. When he’s not in front on a computer, he’s playing bridge (he’s even written an app for that), biking, and reading technical books.