Community Convergence XLVIII
Welcome to the 48th Community Convergence. The C# team continues to work hard to get out the next version of C#, and to add improvements to the Visual Studio 2010 IDE. Working long, fruitful hours on these rainy Washington State January days and nights, the engineers on our team are doing a great job putting together a set of features that will improve both C#, and the experience C# developers have in the Visual Studio IDE. They are also working to lay the foundation for some big improvements which you will see only after the next version of C# ships.
To keep up with the team's plans, you should:
- Continue to follow LINQ
- Learn about the Dynamic Features planned for Visual Studio 2010
- Learn about the Code Focused IDE features planned for Visual Studio 2010
Here are a few listings that will help you gain deeper insight into all of these important technology:
- Anders Hejlsberg, Mads Torgersen and Eric Lippert discuss the new Features in C# 4.0, Part I
- Anders Hejlsberg, Mads Torgersen and Eric Lippert discuss the new Features in C# 4.0, Part II
- Eric has put together a short, but helpful description of how his fellow team members wrote about the C# Spec in the new book, The C# Programming Language Language, Third Edition. The authors are Anders Hejlsberg, Scott Wiltamuth, Peter Golde, and Mads Torgersen. Other notable luminaries contributed annotations to the printed version of this text. All the authors are very talented and work hard, but In my opinion, Mads deserves a special note of thanks for the great work he did to help pull this edition of the book together.