XNA Game Studio 3.0
The good folks who put together our gaming tools have released XNA Game Studio 3.0. They have a message they asked me to share with you: "XNA Game Studio 3.0 appeals to game developers of every level and now enables commercial community games to be written for Xbox LIVE. XNA Game Studio 3.0 supports C# 3.0 and Visual Studio 2008, giving developers more options than ever before, while continuing to provide easy-to-use, approachable tools for hobbyists, academics and indie game developers. XNA Game Studio 3.0 enables developers to produce
the best games to be shared with the world on Xbox 360, Windows PC and now on Zune. Visit http://creators.xna.com to download XNA Game Studio 3.0 and start creating your game today!"
This looks promising, so I thought I would post this notice right away. You might also be interested in viewing this page where the following features of Game Studio 3.0 are spelled out:
- Visual Studio Integration: Support for C# 3.0, LINQ and most versions of Visual Studio 2008.
- Try Before You Buy: Allow your customers to try your game before they buy it.
- Invite Friends: Developers can allow players to invite friends to join their game.
- Even More New Features: Develop games that work on Windows, Xbox 360 and Zune.
- Also: 1-click installation of Windows games. Highly compressed distribution of games.