How Software is developed
"How Software is Developed" is an interesting blog which was setup to provide deep dive analysis and community conversations about software development models. For more details click here. Microsoft commissioned a project to look at the software development & delivery lifecycle of “closed source” companies and compare/contrast that to software development and delivery lifecycle of commercial “open source” companies. The investigation will look at not only how software is designed, developed and tested – but also at how the vendor is able to leverage the ecosystem.
The project has generated a lot of excitement and interest within Microsoft and the Open Source Community and we have been able to gather perspectives from various experts on both the sides.
Some of the people interviewed on either side are as below:
- Ryan Waite, Group Program Manager for High-Performance Computing at Microsoft.
- Mark Gross, Engineer Open Source Technology center Intel Corporation
- Shawn Burke, Director, Microsoft’s .NET Developer Platform group
- Stormy Peters, Director Community and Partner Programs OpenLogic
- Michael Howard, Senior Security Program manager at Microsoft
- Phil Costa, Director of Product Management for Flex and ColdFusion at Adobe
- Marc Miller, Open Source Software Evangelist in the AMD Developer Outreach Organization
- Patrick Hogan, NASA World Wind
- Jay Pipes, North American Community Relations Manager at MySQL
- John McCreesh - Marketing Program Lead – OpenOffice
- James Reinders - Chief Evangelist - Software Products Division - Intel
Some good videos as well:
Well worth adding this to your favourite RSS reader.