What is Office Live?
I saw this on Nick's blog and thought it would be useful to highlight some other resources below.
In our continued effort to expand the opportunities for our developer community, I’m happy to announce the release of the Microsoft Office Live Innovate On. This site provides partners with a full range of technical and business resources to develop Office Live solutions which can be accessed by the myriad of small-business customers of the Microsoft Office Live Marketplace.
If you are a custom solution developer, web partner or ISV who builds customised solutions or provides consulting and Web design services, take advantage of the growing market opportunity to help small-business customers establish, expand, and manage their businesses online. The Innovate On Microsoft Office Live site should be the destination spot to determine how your expertise is needed by small businesses.
Other resources I'd thought I'd mention are:
- Click here for an hour video on building custom biz applications; Collect & display data on a website; Workflow; Business rules; SharePoint Designer; Outlook calendar integration; Virtual Earth Web 2.0 mash-up; Web Services API; Working with Windows Live ID
- Sign up to the Office Live beta today: www.officelive.co.uk or www.officelive.com
- Download the Office Live Developer Guide preview: https://partner.microsoft.com/global/officelive
- Windows Live ID Client 1.0 SDK in Alpha: http://dev.live.com/blogs/devlive/archive/2007/02/06/97.aspx
- Sample code for helping partners develop client applications to aggregate Office Live services and customer services from the desktop: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=470378a4-fa2c-4c42-8659-9c84190ce2a2&DisplayLang=en
- Read the Directions on Microsoft article: http://www.directionsonmicrosoft.com/sample/DOMIS/update/2007/01jan/0107olosca.htm
- Peter’s Office Live blog: http://blogs.technet.com/technology_trumpet/archive/2007/05/10/office-live-or-die.aspx
- Office Live blog: http://officeliveblog.spaces.live.com/