Win a TechEd 2010 Ticket for your Windows 7 Application
Terms and Conditions of Windows 7 Green Light Application Competition
Instructions on how to enter form part of the Conditions of Entry. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these Conditions.
1. The Promoter is Microsoft Pty Ltd, 1 Epping Road, North Ryde 2113.
ACN: 002 589 460. (Promoter)
2. Entry is open to Australian residents aged 16 years and over only. Entrants under 18 years should seek parental permission to enter. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
3. Promotion commences at 9:00am (Sydney time) on 26 March 2010. Entries close on 30 April 2010.
4. Your entry must be sent by email to email@example.com and must include:
a. First name and Last Name
c. Contact Phone Number
d. A short description of yourapplication not exceeding 150 words. Your application should work with Windows 7, and show the potential benefits of Windows 7
e. No more than 10 screen shots of the application showing the various Windows 7 features being used
Failure to supply this information will invalidate your entry.
5. All valid entries received via the above email will be judged and scored by the Promoter in accordance with the judging criteria as below:
a. your application (scored on inspiration ) 33.3% of score
b. how it would be implemented (scored on simplicity and ability to deliver - your "development time") 33.3% of score
c. expected impact it would have (scored on extent of benefit as outlined in clause 4 above) 33.3% of score
6. The entry with the maximum score will be adjudged the winner. This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining winner.
7. The winner will receive a full price ticket to attend TechEd 2010 on 24 August 2010 to 27 August 2010 held in the Gold Coast worth AU$2,000. Travel, accommodation and expenses are not included in the prize and must be paid for by the winner. The ticket may be transferrable to any person working in the same company as the entrant.
8. All intellectual property provided remains the property of the entrant. As a condition of entry of his promotion, each entrant understands and agrees that by entering the competition, they license the Promoter to publish their entry and name (at the Promoter’s discretion) on the web site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-au/default.aspx and in any other media, for an unlimited period for any reason including but not limited to future promotional, marketing or publicity purposes without any further reference, payment, or other compensation to the entrant. The entrant acknowledges that Microsoft may edit entries before publication, without any infringement on the entrant’s moral rights.
9. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that each entry submitted is an original literary and development work of the entrant that does not infringe the rights of any third party. The entrant agrees to indemnify the Promoter against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty. All entrants acknowledge that the Promoter, its associated business and bodies corporate, and third parties, will continue to create software in the future, and any similarities with any entries to this competition are co-incidental
10. An entry may NOT contain, as determined by us, in our sole and absolute discretion, any content that:
a. is sexually explicit, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; profane or pornographic;
b. promotes alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing) or a particular political agenda;
c. is obscene or offensive;
d. defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about other people or companies;
e. contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) owned by others either without express written consent of the rights holder(s) or a reasonably apparent lawful basis for your use(s);
f. contains copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) either without express written consent of the rights holder(s) or a reasonably apparent lawful basis for your use(s);
g. contain any material that infringes a third parties intellectual property rights;
h. contains materials embodying the names, likenesses, voices, or other indicia identifying any person (other than a member of your family or community for whom you have received consent) including, without limitation, celebrities and/or other public or private figures, living or dead either without express written consent of the rights holder(s) or a reasonably apparent lawful basis for your use(s);
i. contains look-alikes of celebrities or other public or private figures, living or dead either without express written consent of the rights holder(s) or a reasonably apparent lawful basis for your use(s);
j. communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or good will to which we wish to associate; and/or violates any law;
11. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to investigate and verify or reject outright any tendered entry (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence), and to disqualify any entrant who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or who tampers with the entry process. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
12. All entries are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the promotion database and not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
13. The winner will also be notified by email on 30 May 2010.
14. In the event that 2 or more ideas are similar, only 1 entry will be accepted. The judges will make a decision on which entry is original and accepted based upon:
a. Submission times of all similar entries (Email received time)
b. Content of all similar entries.
15. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
16. No responsibility is accepted for entries not received by the Promoter.
17. If a winner of the prize is under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to the winner subject to the prior written consent of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. The Promoter may make such inquiries as it deems necessary to satisfy itself that such consent has been obtained.
18. If a winner can’t be contacted by the Promoter, the next best idea would be chosen.
19. The prize winner must, if required by the Promoter, sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
20. By entering this competition, the entrant warrants that they have considered their personal employment situation and that, by entering this competition, they are not in breach of any of their employment obligations.
21. Subject to any applicable law which cannot be excluded, the Promoter and its related bodies corporate shall not be liable for any loss, (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, misadventure, accident, personal injury, death, damage or claim which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with:
a. Undertaking any travel as a result of the competition or improper use of the prize won;
b. Any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the prize winner, or any person associated with them; or
c. Any circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control.
22. The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who the Promoter believes either has tampered with the entry process or has submitted an entry that is not in accordance with these Conditions.
23. Any costs associated with entering the competition and accessing the website are the responsibility of the entrant.