How to configure Project Server 2007 Cube Building Service with SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services
A lot of you have been asking for it, the TechNet team just published it :)
and yes Project Server 2007 is supported on SQL Server 2008 as stated here (bottom of the page): http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc197379.aspx
Office Project Server 2007 supports Microsoft SQL Server 2008. However, you must install Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 with Service Pack 1 (SP1) or later as well as Office Project Server 2007 SP1 or later before you install SQL Server 2008.
Key reasons why consider SQL 2008:
- Performance, by implementing database backup compression.
- Availability, by implementing log stream compression.
- Security, by implementing Transparent Data Encryption (TDE).
- Resource management, by using SQL Server 2008 Resource Governor
- Reporting Services 2008 (much easier to author custom reports and rich rendering using the acquired Dundas control)
- Analysis Services 2008
Check the related TechNet article for more information:
- Determine hardware and software requirements (Project Server)
- Requirements for using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with the Project Server 2007 Cube Building Service
- This article describes requirements for using SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services with the Microsoft Office Project Server 2007 Cube Building Service.
- Integration of SQL Server 2008 and Office SharePoint Server 2007
- This article provides prescriptive guidance for implementing some of the new features in Microsoft SQL Server 2008 that enhance the deployment of Microsoft Office SharePoint Server.
- SQL Server TechCenter