Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Technical Reference Guide is Live!
This 490-page white paper covers the essential phases and steps to upgrade existing instances of SQL Server 2000 and 2005 to SQL Server 2008 by using best practices. These include preparation tasks, upgrade tasks, and post-upgrade tasks. It is intended to be a supplement to SQL Server 2008 Books Online.
The categories in the following list correspond to chapters in the white paper.
- General Upgrade Issues
- Relational Engine Components
- Business Intelligence Components
- Other Microsoft Applications and Platforms
Other related links:
- SQL Server 2008 Upgrade Technical Reference Guide
- Resources for Upgrading to SQL Server 2008
- UE Team blog
- How to configure Project Server 2007 Cube Building Service with SQL Server 2008 Analysis Services