Visual Studio 2008 Service Pack 1 Released To The World!
After months of development and some grueling bug fixes, we released the VS2008 SP1 patch to the web this morning. You can check out more details in the readme. For the profiler, we fixed a number of bugs including:
- Adding support for instrumenting 64-bit managed C++ applications
- Improved instrumentation experience with precompiled websites
- Shipping the 64-bit performance SDK (VSPerf.h, VSPerf.lib)
- Ability to load a previously saved filter on non-English VS installations
- Numerous fixes around comparing profiling reports
- Numerous fixes around function name (symbol) resolution
- Numerous IDE fixes
The standalone profiler has also been updated to include the profiler’s SP1 fixes. If you do profiling on production machines or other environments where minimal footprint is a virtue, you’ll want to use this updated, full installer.