KB: Error message when you try to install System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection for Mac: "There were errors with the installation"
When you try to install Microsoft System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection for Mac (SCEP), you receive an error message that resembles the following:
There were errors with the installation. You may want to try installing again. The Installation failed.
To resolve this issue, use the following methods. If Method 1 does not resolve the issue, go to Method 2:
1. Click Close to close the error message window.
2. On the Go menu, click Applications.
3. Double-click System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection for Mac.
4. Verify that System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection for Mac starts as expected. To do this, click the System Center Endpoint Protection for Mac icon in the menu bar, and then click Open System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection.
If System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection for Mac does not start as expected, follow these steps:
1. Restart the system into safe mode
2. Delete all SCEP applications bundles from /Application folder that you can found in it
3. Make a normal restart
4. Run 4.5.9X Uninstaller from 4.5.X dmg
5. execute from Terminal: rm -Rf ~/.scep/
6. cd /Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/ 7. sudo rm -Rf *scep/
NOTE: install.log can be found at /var/log/install.log
For the most current version of this article please see the following:
J.C. Hornbeck | Knowledge Engineer | Management and Security Division
App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/appv/
ConfigMgr Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/configurationmgr/
DPM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/dpm/
MED-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/medv/
Orchestrator Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/orchestrator/
Operations Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/momteam/
SCVMM Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/scvmm
Server App-V Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/serverappv
Service Manager Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/servicemanager
System Center Essentials Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/systemcenteressentials
WSUS Support Team blog: http://blogs.technet.com/sus/
The Forefront Server Protection blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/fss/
The Forefront Endpoint Security blog : http://blogs.technet.com/b/clientsecurity/
The Forefront Identity Manager blog : http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ms-identity-support/
The Forefront TMG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/isablog/
The Forefront UAG blog: http://blogs.technet.com/b/edgeaccessblog/