Want to configure Server Core R2?
…in that case you’ll need
It is completely open source so it can be ammended and changed to fit your requirements, this version has been a year in the making and has been written in powershell with a reference to Winforms so that a GUI format is displayed.
Core Configuration tasks include:
- Product Licencing
- Networking Features
- DCPromo Tool
- ISCSI Settings
- Server Roles and Features
- User and Group Permissions
- Share Creation and Deletion
- Dynamic Firewall settings
- Display | Screensaver Settings
- Add & Remove Drivers
- Proxy settings
- Windows Updates (Including WSUS)
- Multipath I/O
- Hyper-V including virtual machine thumbnails
- JoinDomain and Computer rename
- Add/remove programs
- Complete logging of all commands executed
This also works for Microsoft Hyper-V 2008 Server R2. You also get to view the Virtual machines which is a nice bonus.