Announce the November 2010 Release of the Windows Azure Tools + SDK
The Windows Azure Tools for Microsoft Visual Studio extends Visual Studio 2010 to enable the creation, configuration, building, debugging, running, packaging and deployment of scalable web applications and services on Windows Azure.
New in this release:
- IIS Support: Full IIS is supported for building and deploying web roles, both in the development environment and in Windows Azure.
- Remote Desktop: Support to enable and configure Remote Desktop connections for all your roles in the Windows Azure project;
- Virtual Machine (VM) Role: Allow you to add a VM role to your Windows Azure project, select the VHD for your VM role, configure and deploy the VM role;
- Virtual Network: Support to activate Windows Azure Connect for your roles, to provide connection between Azure and on-premise resources;
- Diagnostics: Updated support for diagnostics to use the new plug-In;
- EndPoints Support Enhancements: Refreshed support for Endpoints according to platform update.