Well as we move towards Thanksgiving here in the USA, we're pausing to reflect on a momentous couple of months for Commerce Server. As you now know, on 20th November, Sitecore's acquisition of commerceserver.net was announced and it was the public unveiling of many months of "behind the scenes" frenzied activity. One week on, we're delighted with the response to the news, with overwhelming support coming from our customers and partners and from the wider community including analysts.
It's been fun watching all the tweets flashing past and it's sometimes a little difficult to sort out the new information from the reposts, so this blog post is dedicated to providing a recap of the coverage and we'll keep it updated if anything new breaks!
- Nov 20th
- Original Press Release
- Sitecore (Darren Guarnaccia) - The "C" and the "E", When Two Worlds Collide
- Perficient Portals Blog - Sitecore Enhances CEM Platform with Commerce Server Acquisition
- Retail Customer Experience - CXM Company Sitecore Acquires E-Commerce Vendor commerceserver.net
- Method Factory - Sitecore Acquires Commerce Server
- Nonlinear Thinking - The 3 Things to Know About a Commerce Server Integration (From Someone Who Has Been There)
- Nov 21st
- Nov 22nd
- CMS Wire - Sitecore Acquisition Highlights Customer Experience, E-Commerce Disconnect
- Forrester (Stephen Powers) - Content, Commerce, And The Sitecore News
- Software Insider - News Analysis: Sitecore Acquires Commerce Server in Quest Towards Customer Experience Management
- Nov 25th
- Forrester (Peter Sheldon) - The Convergence of Commerce and Content Platforms Gathers Momentum
- Nov 26th
- Digital Clarity Group Webinar - Sitecore acquires Commerce Server - the analysts' perspective
- ISITE Design - What can we expect from Sitecore's acquisition of Commerce Server
- FierceContentManagement - Sitecore buys commerceserver.net, gives them missing e-commerce functionality
- Nov 27th
Phew! That's a lot of positive coverage...
So in closing, we'd particularly like to wish all our US based customers, partners and followers, a "Happy Thanksgiving" from the Commerce Server team at Sitecore.